I saw a link to these gorgeous looking morsels and just had to make them the same day. These apple cream cheese rose tarts are worth making with a couple of tweaks. I will definitely be making these again soon.
1-2 sheets puff pastry
1/4 cup cream cheese
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp water
Let’s Get Cooking…
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Prepare muffins tins with non stick spray.
- Halve the apples, scoop out the core and slice thinly.
- Combine the apple slices with lemon juice and water in a bowl and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into 6 even strips. Moving forward I would roll the pastry thinner to make at least 9 slices, possibly even 12.
- Spread the cream cheese on each slice of pasty. Double the quantity for 12 tarts.
- Liberally sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the cream cheese.
- Arrange the apple slices overlapping each other on one half of the pastry with the top of the apple just above the pastry.
- Fold the bottom half of the pastry up over the top and roll up.
- Place in prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Reduce time accordingly if you roll the pastry thinner.
- Take out the core and thinly slice the apple.
- Combine the apple slices with lemon juice and water in a bowl and microwave 3 minutes. Cool the bowl in some ice water. Pat dry the apple slices of excess moisture and set aside.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into 4 even strips.
- Spread cream cheese and sprinkle on sugar onto the puff pastry strips.
- Arrange the apple slices and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Fold the pastry puff in half lengthwise and roll them up. Place in greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees F.
I served these with homemade custard. They made a fabulous dessert.