Spooky aliens are in the house, hiding in the spaghetti. What are you going to do? Eat them of course.
In an attempt to get my nephew to eat vegetables, I fixed an Alfredo sauce and stirred in fresh spinach and pasta. He started to complain, but when I called it “Alien Noodles”, he took a bite. It’s now his favorite side dish.
3 mini sausages
3 eryngii mushrooms
250g tomato sauce
5g bouillon granules
100g mozzarella cheese
2 small ready to bake rolls, cheese if you have them
Two mild twiggy sticks (mini salami sticks)
Let’s Get Cooking…
- Cut the sausages, eggplant and eryngii into chunks.
- Break spaghetti in half and insert 10 sticks of spaghetti into each vegetable chunk.
- Combine water, tomato sauce and bouillon in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Add in spaghetti and vegetables and cook until almost al dente.
- Add in mozzarella and season with pepper and mix to combine. Finish cooking until al dente.
- Transfer to a plate and drizzle on olive oil and basil pesto.
- Place the rolls in the oven and bake them until slightly crusty.
- As the rolls are baking, cook the noodles according to the directions on the packet and drain. Tip into a bowl.
- Push the rolls onto the salami sticks then balance them in the spaghetti.
- Cut the olive in half, removing the stone, and place them where the eyes should go. You may need to cut a little hole into the rolls to hold them.
This funny alien face makes a fun and wacky way to get the kids to eat their food.